Sunday, April 07, 2019
What hour was most daunting?
The first few...I slept through them.
Tell us ALLLLL the books you read!
Giant Days, Vol. 4 by John Allison
Vision in White by Nora Roberts
Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways by Zeb Wells
Deenie by Judy Blume
The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord (Not Finished)
What was your favorite snack?
Lemon Cookies & Trail Mix
What was your favorite facet of the day?
Staying in a hotel and posting every three hours as opposed to every hour. Both made for more continuous reading.
Wanna volunteer for our next event?
Sure! I love this event and am always happy to help out.
For these hours I read 153 minutes and read 107 pages. I finished Deenie by Judy Blume and read a little bit in The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord
Total Minutes = 952
Total Pages = 603
Book Finished = 4
And with that this RAT comes to a close for me. I had a great time and definitely plan on going to a hotel for the next one. Also, our snacks rocked.
What a RAT! We've got bookish plans scheduled for tomorrow - a book sale and a movie set in a library to wrap up our weekend on theme.
Saturday, April 06, 2019
For these hours I read 97 minutes and read 143 pages. I started and finished Young Avengers & Runaways: Civil War by Zeb Wells and started Deenie by Judy Blume. We made a trip to Starbucks this hour for a change of scenery then came back to our room and had dinner.
Total Minutes = 699
Total Pages = 428
1. What are you reading right now?
I just finished Vision in White by Nora Roberts and haven't started my next book yet. Probably a graphic novel.
2. How many books have you read so far?
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Nope, very few.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
It took me longer than I expected to finish Vision but I loved it.
Getting to Know You Survey
1)What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Shenandoah, TX in Holiday Inn Suites
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am so not a morning person so rarely make the first few hours of the RAT. I love to read though and last year I read more than I have in several years (Yae for reading challenges!) so am excited to see how I do this time. I do the RAT with my husband and best friend and love it. It's something we look forward to all year.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my 24th RAT. We're in a hotel this time, something we only did once before so hoping the lack of distraction helps with the reading.