Sunday, August 19, 2018
This will be the twelfth time I've taken part on Bout of Books and I can't wait to get started!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 20th and runs through Sunday, August 26th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 23 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Saturday, July 28, 2018
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Probably sometime in the afternoon. I was tired but stuck with it.
2. Tell us ALLLLL the books you read!
After the Bomb by Gloria D. Miklowitz
Persepolis Vol 2 by Marjane Satrapi
I read a chapter in Pastrix by Nadia Boolz-Webber
And read 33 pages in Heist Society by Ally Carter
3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?
Graphic Novels that really grab you like Persepolis are great!
4. How did you feel about this first-ever Reverse Readathon? Should we do it again?
Yes, please! It was so fun and such a nice change. Having it in the summer was great.
5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep in October?
I will so be there!
Friday, July 27, 2018
I'm super excited to be taking part in Dewey's Readthon! Here's the opening survey,
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Starbucks, Panera and Home in The Woodlands, TX
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I'll be thrilled if I finish After the Bomb as it's the oldest unread book I have (2008) but most looking forward to Persepolis Vol. 2
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Didn't go for a lot of snacks this time. Hot tea and a pastry from Panera wins.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I met my Goodreads target this past week and am on a reading roll. Hoping that keeps up.
5) This is our VERY first Reverse Readathon! How does it feel in your time zone? I love it! I am so much more a night person myself so this works great for me. I don't plan on posting as much, just checking in occasionally and enjoying the reading.