Sunday, October 21, 2018
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 10 & 11 thought honestly the whole thing didn't go as planned.
2. Tell us ALLLLL the books you read!
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Fun Home by Alyson Blechdel
Ten by Gretchen McNeil
3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - Creepy and so good!
4. What’s a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you happy?
I loved the bingo card.
5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep?
I'll be there, hopefully this time with no medical emergencies.
So today did not go like it was planned. A few minutes into hour four we got a call my mom was at the ER. She fell at a local park and broke her elbow and would be needing surgery. So off to the hospital we went where we spent the rest of the day. We managed to get a little reading done but not as much as normal. I read in pre-op, I read in the waiting room while my mom was in surgery and then in her room waiting for her to be brought back up. So here is my record of what I got read.
Hour 3 - I read Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake for 31 min and read 16 pages.
Hour 4 - I read Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake for 19 min and read 7 pages.
Hour 8 & 9 - I read Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake for 106 min and read 17 pages.
1. What are you reading right now? Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
2. How many books have you read so far? Still on my first one
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Fun Home by Alyson Blechdel
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? The whole day was turned upside down.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? The whole day was a surprise.
Hour 12 & 13 - I read Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake for 110 min and read 35 pages.
Hour 14 - I read Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake for 32 min and read 13 pages.
Hour 15 - I read Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake for 17 min and read 3 pages.
Hour 16 - I read Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake for 37 min and read 20 pages. - Finished!
and Fun Home by Alyson Blechdel for 20 min and read 34 pages
Hour 17 - I read Fun Home by Alyson Blechdel for 47 min and read 46 pages
Hour 18 - I read Fun Home by Alyson Blechdel for 22 min and read 20 pages
Hour 19 - I read Fun Home by Alyson Blechdel for 30 min and read 20 pages
Hour 20 - I read Ten by Gretchen McNeil for 4 min and read 3 pages
All together I read 319 minutes and 194 pages, my lowest by far but not surprising considering the circumstances.
Saturday, October 20, 2018
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
The Woodlands, TX. More specifically my home library to start with.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Ten by Gretchen McNeil
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I hate morning but love reading. Thus why I rarely if ever see the very first hours of the RAT.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
If you count the mini one from the Summer this is my 23rd RAT. I leave for England on Monday so may take it a bit easier than normal this time.
|My TBR pile.|
Thursday, October 18, 2018
I'm taking part in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon. We have the last home Dynamo game of the season on Sunday and we leave for England on Monday so it's a bit hectic right now. I have a TBR list planned (to post later) and probably won't update quite as much (more likely ever other hour than every hour) but am looking forward to the reading time.