Monday, May 18, 2015
I did it! I finished all five graphic novels I had checked out from the library. Woohoo!
Yesterday I finished off my fifth graphic novel (Morning Glories, Vol. 2: All will be free) and read a little bit in Landline as well. I am totally obsessed with the Morning Glories series. It's just so good.
I read a total of 158 pages yesterday.
I read a total of 727 pages over the course of Bout of Books.
I finished a total of 5 books.
I blew my last BoB total out of the water. Interesting since last time Richard had the whole week off and this time he only had one day off. We had a busy week but I made sure I made at least a little time to read each day and that made a huge difference. I really enjoyed this round of BoB.
Sunday, May 17, 2015
I finished my fourth graphic novel yesterday (Morning Glories, Vol. 1: For a better future) which I loved, loved, loved! Oh wow is it dark and twisted but I love it. I started the second in the series (Morning Glories, Vol. 2: All will be free) as well. I'm really hoping to finish this one by the end of Bout of Books. Fingers crossed!
I read a total of 88 pages today for a total of 569 pages.
I didn't finish a book today but I read in both Morning Glories and Landline by Rainbow Rowell, a book I had started awhile back and have been reading off and on.
I read a total of 122 pages today for a total of 481 pages.
Friday, May 15, 2015
I finished my third graphic novel yesterday (The Woods) and I liked it a lot more than I thought it would. It wasn't my normal kind of book and I almost gave up on it in the first few pages. I'm glad I didn't as it was a perfect book to get lost in just when I needed it most. I also started another graphic novel, Morning Glories, and finished the first volume.
I read a total of 101 pages today for a total of 359.
Thursday, May 14, 2015
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
I finished my second graphic novel yesterday (Blue Bloods) and I really liked it. I have the book and I think I'm more likely to read it now. The graphics were lovely as well. I also started another graphic novel, The Woods, and finished the first volume.
I read a total of 79 pages today for a total of 232.
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Top Ten Authors I Want to Meet
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they update their blog with a list of ten things that have to do with a predetermined topic. I've read the responses by others for years but never taken part till now.
This week's topic is: Top ten authors I want to meet.
I've been lucky enough to get to meet quite a few authors (Charlaine Harris, Wendy Corsi Staub, Maureen Johnson, Susan Rogers Cooper), since I live close enough to an awesome bookstore in Houston who often has authors visit. Murder by the Book is just fabulous and I highly recommend a visit if you're ever in the area. Now back to the topic...
1. Faye Kellerman - Her Decker/Rina series is one of my all time favorites.
2. Laura Lippman - I fell in love with her books last year. Funny and well written.
3. Michele Bardsley - Her Broken Heart series is a lot of fun. Plus she's a hoot.
4. Mary Jane Clark - Her Key News series is one of my all time favorites.
5. Stephen King - The Stand is my all time favorite book and he's so interesting.
6. MaryJanice Davidson - Not only do I love her Betsy series I love her. She cracks me up.
7. M.C. Beaton - I am a big fan of her Hamish Macbeth series. The village and the characters come alive on the page.
8. Sarah Dessen - I read my first book by Sarah this year (which I really liked) and started following her on Twitter. I really like her.
9. Louisa May Alcott - Little Women was such a huge book in my childhood. I've seen every version of the movie and adore the book. Plus she was so far ahead of her time in her way of thinking.
10. Laura Ingalls Wilder - Growing up I wanted to be Laura. I read all the Little House books and as an adult I'm still fascinated by her. My love of her is ingrained in who I am.
Interesting that all but one are women...
I finished my first book yesterday and got half way through a second one, Blue Bloods. It's been ages since I read a Deadpool book and I really enjoyed it. They're funny but dark and twisted at the same time.
I read a total of 153 pages yesterday.
Monday, May 11, 2015
1. How do you organize your shelves?
I organize by genre, but also have two shelves for my favorites. I keep the books I read for the current year on the top between bookends and at the end of the year I have a whole reorg of my shelves.
2. What is one of your favorite book that’s not in one of your favorite genres?
Weekend Warriors by Fern Michaels. It's so not my normal kind of book but it completely drew me in.
3. What is the last 5 star book you read?
Lazarus, Vol. 2: Lift by Greg Rucka. This series of graphic novels has me completely obsessed. It's not my normal kind of read but I just love it.
4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?
Night of the Living Deadpool by Cullen Bunn. It's been years since I read a Deadpool book.
5. What book do you recommend the most?
It would have to be Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. I even had my husband read it.
I decided I'm going to try and finish off the pile of graphic novels I got from the library, mostly left over from Dewey's RAT. I have five, most of which I have never read anything in the series (Deadpool being the exception). I'm flexible though and will see how the week goes but this is my starting point.