Thursday, April 05, 2012

March Reads


March was a crazy month! The Houston Livestock and Rodeo was going on and we wound up going to it on five different nights. We saw Alabama, Blake Shelton, Reba, The Band Perry and Brad Paisley in concert and enjoyed them all. Add in the fact that we have been at the vets for one of the kids every week for 4 weeks straight and you kind of see the insanity of March. It was a fun, tiring, stressful month. So having said all that I read three books in February.



I read.....

Undead and Undermined by MaryJanice Davidson - 3 stars - I really got into this series last year and was reading the books back to back. I think I kind of burnt myself out on them. I took a break and enjoyed this book after having had some time away. The one complaint I have is for me these books are light and fluffy and as the books have gone on they have gotten less and less so. I still enjoy them but they are a lot less fluffy now.

Must Love Lycans by Michele Bardsley - 2 stars - Ugh. I loved this series until this book. It annoyed me to no end. I get that these are Paranormal Romance but there was way more romance in this one than paranormal and it annoyed me to no end. I felt like it went from love scene to love scene with a little supernatural happenings in between. So not my style.

Every Little Thing in the World by Nina de Gramont - 4 stars - I read a recomendation for this a few years ago and got this book because of it. I am so glad I did as it was such a good read. I loved the descriptions of nature in the book and how being in a different environment changed how the main character, Sydney felt about so many things. I, who do not camp, was sorely tempted to spend a night outdoors (I resisted the urge.) One warning I should add is that this book does deal with some controversial issues, namely abortion.

One interesting note on my reading is usually I read the most when I am deeply engrossed in a series. I can happily live in that world and just go from one book in the series to the next until I run out of books. With the exception of Nancy Atherton and Susan Rogers Cooper (who both write series I have been reading for years) so far this year the opposite is true. Most of the books I have really, truly enjoyed this year have been stand alone books or books by authors I haven't read before.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:09 PM

    Jenn, thanks for your lovely review, and thanks especially for the amazing work you do. Please message me via ninadegramont.com with your mailing address. I'd like to send you a copy of my first book, Of Cats and Men.

    ReplyDelete