Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Authors I Want to  Meet




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they update their blog with a list of ten things that have to do with a predetermined topic.  I've read the responses by others for years but never taken part till now.

This week's topic is: Top ten authors I want to meet.

I've been lucky enough to get to meet quite a few authors (Charlaine Harris, Wendy Corsi Staub, Maureen Johnson, Susan Rogers Cooper), since I live close enough to an awesome bookstore in Houston who often has authors visit.  Murder by the Book is just fabulous and I highly recommend a visit if you're ever in the area.  Now back to the topic...

1. Faye Kellerman - Her Decker/Rina series is one of my all time favorites.

2. Laura Lippman - I fell in love with her books last year.  Funny and well written.

3. Michele Bardsley - Her Broken Heart series is a lot of fun.  Plus she's a hoot.

4. Mary Jane Clark - Her Key News series is one of my all time favorites.

5. Stephen King - The Stand is my all time favorite book and he's so interesting.

6. MaryJanice Davidson - Not only do I love her Betsy series I love her.  She cracks me up.

7. M.C. Beaton - I am a big fan of her Hamish Macbeth series.  The village and the characters come alive on the page.

8. Sarah Dessen - I read my first book by Sarah this year (which I really liked) and started following her on Twitter.  I really like her.

9. Louisa May Alcott - Little Women was such a huge book in my childhood.  I've seen every version of the movie and adore the book.  Plus she was so far ahead of her time in her way of thinking.

10. Laura Ingalls Wilder - Growing up I wanted to be Laura.  I read all the Little House books and as an adult I'm still fascinated by her.  My love of her is ingrained in who I am.

Interesting that all but one are women...




2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh...I love this list. I'm currently listening to M.C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin series. I'd love to meet the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that series, though I do have the first book. She's a really great author.

      Delete