Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Reading Goals for the Year 2011 Recap and Reading Goals for 2012



My reading goals for 2012 were:

1. Read 45 books - Done
2. Read mostly from my 2012 boxes of books (Picked out ahead of time) - Kinda
3. Finish all books carried over  - Done
4. Read a lot from series I have already started - Done I read a ton of the Aunt Dimity series.
5. Try some new authors I already have books by from a list of authors and books I chose. The only two I read were Robyn Carr and Wendy Corsi Staub (and not the book I had picked out either.)  So not so good on this one but I enjoyed the two I did read.

2012 was an interesting year for me reading wise.  It was a tough year for me personally and I think that showed in my reading as my reading was a bit sporadic at times.

Over all I read books by 32 different authors (2 I didn't finish), including 18 new to me authors.  I fell in love with Robyn Carr & M.C. Beaton's books, discovered Shannon Hale, Susan Beth Pfeffer, Ally Condie and Tara Altebrando.  I feel like I read some really good books this year, ones that will stick with me and that I'll remember.

Going forward my reading goals for 2013 are:

1. Read 46 books
2. Finish all books carried over (There were three but I finished one last night, so down to two.)
3. Try some new authors I already have books by.  The authors I have chosen are :

Cassandra Clare
Rhys Bowen
Sarah Dessen
Meg Cabot
Harlan Coben 
Sarah Vowell
Carolyn Haines
Robin Jones Gunn
Heather Webber
Victoria Thompson

Richard and I both got new chairs for our library for Christmas and it has made the room so wonderful to read in.  I really want to have fun reading this year, finding some new authors I love and just enjoying the world of books.  Happy Reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment