Thursday, January 10, 2013

October Reads


In October I read six books.





I read.....

Do You Want To Know A Secret? by Mary Jane Clark - 4 stars - Well written and surprising. I never guessed who the murderer was. I really like MJC's style.  It's been years since I read any of this series and I had forgotten how much I enjoy it.  Extra cool that part of it was in Houston too.

Do You Promise Not To Tell? by Mary Jane Clark - 3 stars - A good read (though there were a crazy amount of characters to keep up with) that kept me guessing all the way through.

Sabine's Notebook: In Which the Extraordinary Correspondence of Griffin & Sabine Continues by Nick Bantock - 3 stars - Oh so odd yet so intriguing!  I read the first of these years ago and was thrilled when I recently found this one.

Aunt Dimity and the Duke by Nancy Atherton - 3 stars - Sweet, funny and a lovely mystery.  It was fun to see how some of the characters in the series met.

Further Under the Duvet by Marian Keyes - 3 stars - Some great essays, odd short stories and intriguing glimpses of Marian Keyes real life.  I kept this book in my foster cats room and read it off and on. Hannah and Addison enjoyed it immensely and are now Marian Keyes fans. :)

Death of a Gossip by M.C. Beaton - 5 stars - How is it possible I gave never read anything by M.C. Beaton before? I loved this book! It was charming and funny and kept me guessing. I loved Hamish Macbeth. I was certain I knew who the killer was from early on and was totally wrong. I can't wait to read more in the series.  (I read Hamish in Robert Carlyle's voice the whole way through the book.)

I also tried to read Fireside by Susan Wiggs this month and decided she was definitely not for me.

The read-a-thon helped me finish up some books and got me going towards my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment