Thursday, January 10, 2013

November Reads


In November I read four books.




I read.....

The Bathtub Reader: An Amusing Miscellany for the Discerning Mademoiselle by Carrie Bell & Amy Helmes - 4 stars - A fun, light read. I loved some of the info I got from this book. A perfect car book.

Crossed by Ally Condie - 4 stars - I didn't love it as much as Matched but it was still a really good book. It made me sad, made me think and mostly made me want to know what's going to happen in the end. I am going to a reading by the author this month to get the last book in the trilogy and I am really looking forward to it.

On What Grounds by Cleo Coyle - 3 stars - A cute, fun mystery. She went on a bit too much about coffee tips (how to store beans, how to make espresso, ect.) & there was one plot point I thought was glaringly obvious but those are the only negatives. I didn't guess who the bad guy was and that's always a plus in my book. I would definitely read more in this series.

Austenland by Shannon Hale - 5 stars - I just loved this book. It was fun, romantic and creative. I really liked that the main character had issues with men but wasn't an air headed pushover (my biggest complaint with so much of chick lit heroines.) There were some great lines in this book and I was thrilled to read they have made a movie (It hasn't come out yet) and a sequel to the book came out last year. Austenland was definitely a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment