Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bridget Jones Diary & A Change in Challenges


I tried to read Bridget Jones in September. I made it to page 60 and found I just really wasn't enjoying the book at all. Since life is too short and there are so many good books out there I gave up on it.

This book would have counted towards two challenges (New Classics & Book to Movie Challenge). However I have found I really only enjoy the challenges that have very loose guidelines. Otherwise I feel pressured to read certain books and end up not enjoying them. I do best with challenges like the Cozy Mystery Challenge and the July Book Blow out, where I set the number and chose the books. Otherwise I seem to lose the joy in reading. So from now on I am going to be a lot more selective in challenges and most likely will not finish the two mentioned above. I never was very good at reading books I was told to read so this should come as no surprise! Since reading for me is all about enjoyment I know this is the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment