Friday, June 27, 2008

Getting ready for the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon


I am very excited about the read-a-thon which starts tomorrow. (Well, technically today but it doesn't start till 12 my time.) I have one book I am almost done with, 50 or so pages to go. I'll read a bit tonight before I go to bed (I almost always do, thank to my Book Wedge.) and whatever I haven't finished I'll read tomorrow. I also have three other books going, one of which I am not going to try to finish. I am enjoying it so much I want to draw it out. The other two though, well one I am about half way through. It's short stories, which I am really not fond of. If I break it up I can probably finish it. And the other I am not too far into so it depends if I want to keep reading that tomorrow or start something new. I have a box by me on the couch all ready with some books to choose from. These are all books I had here at home, waiting to be read. Most are shorter books but all have been in my TBR boxes of which I have way too many. The funny thing is that Venus thinks the box is wonderful, and has decided the space between me and the box is the coziest spot in the house. Guess who will be my reading buddy tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:24 AM

    hi! I'm cheering and getting an early start (I'm EST, too) GOOD LUCK and hope you enjoy the reading. I very much enjoyed the Garlic & Sapphires book. I want to remember to come back and read your movie reviews to... I'll be conducting a mini-challenge for 6 am sunday to blog/comment a new weird word or crazy run on sentence.

    ReplyDelete