Saturday, October 24, 2009

Introduction Meme

Where are you reading from today?
La Quinta Hotel in Raleigh, NC

3 facts about me …
*Every 24 hour read-a-thon I have participated in, my husband has as well, so we have always done this together. We look forward to it.

*This is the first time I haven't done the read-a-thon from home. We had free nights we needed to use up so decided to use them for this.

*I don't usually eat breakfast. But when I am up early and doing things I am really hungry. So I have prob eaten more for breakfast today than I have in months.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
20, 4 of which I was already reading before the read-a-thon started. I like choices!

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
Just to read an awful lot and enjoy the break from the real world. I would like to either finish Twilight or get a huge portion of it read.

Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Take breaks and read what you like, not what you think you should read. Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the read-a-thon! Enjoy these first few hours-they'll fly by! I'm sure you'll do great. :D

    I have to eat breakfast, and before my shower-otherwise I always get really lightheaded & am worried about passing out in shower! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a break from reading to say – have a great day and have fun!

    ReplyDelete