Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Read-A-Thon Book Pile



The read-a-thon is Saturday and I am working on getting my pile of books together. Richard and I are going to a local hotel for the read-a-thon (We have free nights to use up and figure the change of scenery will be nice.) so I have quite a few books to go with me, so I have plenty to choose from. Aside from my pile I also will be taking the books I am already reading:
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, Eating My Words:An Appetite For Life by Mimi Sheraton, Fast Track by Fern Michaels & Dear Exile by Hilary Liftin & Kate Montgomery.

So in my pile I have:

Carpe Demon by Julie Kemmer-I have wanted to read this for awhile now.
Meg & the Disappearing Diamonds by Holly Beth Walker-This is an old childs book. I read some of this series when I was a little girl and found this at a used booksale.
Abigail Adams A Girl of Colonial Days by Jean Brown Wagoner-Another old childs book.
Real Murders by Charlaine Harris-I have read all by the newest Sookie Stackhouse series and love those. I liked her Grave series as well so am moving onto this one.
Derik's Bane by MaryJanice Davidson-I read a short story by this author in Bite and liked it so figured I would give this a go.
Death Waxed Over by Tim Myers-The first two in this series were quick and easy reads that I liked.
I'm the Vampire, That's Why by Michele Bardsley-This was recommended to me and fits into my supernatural kick at the moment.
I Am A Star by Inge Auerbacher-A serious but short read I had sitting around, waiting to be read.
There Was A Little Girl by Susan Rogers Cooper-One of my favorite mystery series of all time. I am taking my time working through this series.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke-Looked fun and light.
Number The Stars by Lois Lowry-Short book that others have raved about.
Dead End Dating by Kimberly Raye-Looks fun and light. (And with vamps, which I love.)
The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney-A YA book that looked different than my other choices.
Motherhood is Murder by Mult. Authors-I have enjoyed the short story books I have read this year so thought this might be fun. I haven't read any of these authors so should be interesting.
Not Quite What I Was Planning Six Word Memoirs-I waited for this book for over a year on Paperback Swap. Most of the pages are really short and it looks really interesting.

Amazingly, I didn't go out and buy any of these books for the read-a-thon. They were all here at my house, just waiting to be read. Theres no way I'll get through all of these but I like to have options...I can't wait to start!


2 comments:

  1. Super fun choices. I checked out a bunch from the library and have a hundred or so of my own because I wanted a bunch of choices too. Good luck with your reading!

    ReplyDelete