Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thursday, Just Thursday

So I made my 3rd new recipe last night. Not a success. Aw well. I tried. That's what this year is about for me. Letting go of fear and trying new things. That's not an easy thing but I'm working on it. It's all baby steps right now but baby steps are still steps.

Oddly enough I am really into American Idol this year. I have always avoided it since it's such a huge thing were we live-Clay Aiken land. So many people here just live and breathe the show it's hard to not be turned off by it. (My favorite moment was when we went to a local restraunt with my inlaws who were visiting from England. The waiter of course had to tell us we were sitting in Clay Aiken's favorite booth and took great delight in telling my mother in law she was sitting in the exact spot Clay himself sat last time he was here. I dont think he knew what to do when she told him she didnt know who that was.) For some reason this year we watched the auditions and have had alot of fun with it. We missed last nights episode (way too much DVR'd) so I've been reading the recap. Looks like my favorites go through. Yae!

We had had tons of applications to adopt for cats lately. My Chamomile (more about her later) went home last Wednesday to one of the best homes we have ever adopted to. Serenity is meeting her new family on Saturday. We have sevral people lined up to come to the adoptathon on Sunday so hopefully Jazzy (who was returned from her home last week after 5 years....grrr) will find a new family as well. I love this time of year when we have adult cats getting adopted. Oddly enough, I the kitten lady (I'm the Kitten Intake Coordinator) have never adopted a kitten myself and I much prefer when we adopt out adults. It's a heck of alot harder emotionally letting go of an adult cat than it is a kitten. Most kittens come and go pretty quickly (Chami and Serenity are the only cats left over from kitten season at our house and they were both momma kitties.) so you dont get too attached and you dont usually really have to work with them too much. But an adult who you have to work with is another story. In Chamomile's case she needed major socialization. We had her since August and she wasnt ready to even be put up for adoption till January. You spend alot of time with a cat like that and it's so hard to let them go. In a way fostering is setting yourself up for a broken heart but I cant imagine not doing it. Speaking of cats, I still need to show off my own babies. I'll do that in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment